Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bargain Basement Latte


This is the name I give to the caffe latte sometimes forced upon us through desperation when we find ourselves trapped in one of those souless, all under one roof, shopping plazas.

I remember this latte experience well in a shopping centre in Melbourne's north. Hanging out for my morning latte and nowhere else to turn, I ventured into the only cafe I could find that had an espresso machine. The cafe itself, with grease bar and square vinyl chairs, offered little respite and was devoid of any ambience.

The caffe latte was both cheap in price and presentation. It came served with a plastic spoon and paper sugar sachets thrown onto the saucer, giving it a very down-market effect. The Bargain Basement Latte lacks style. Only recommended for those desperate for a coffee hit and with nowhere else to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment