Sunday, December 13, 2009

Parfait Latte


Let me share with you another gross distortion of the caffe latte which I'm sure many of you have also experienced when forced to order your latte in unfamiliar territory. I name this the Parfait Latte. Here's a sketch I made in my caffe latte notebook.

This latte comes served to you in a tall glass accompanied by a matching tall spoon. This sits perched awkwardly on a paper doily covered saucer. The coffee is invariably weak and insipid. It is definitely only for those who prefer a weaker and longer style latte and a handle on their glass.

Before ordering my lattes I now make sure I check the size and shape of the glass in which it will be served. A stack of parfait glasses on top of the coffee machine is always a worrying sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment