Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spider Web Latte


Well it's that time again when I must leave behind the comforts of my coffee machine and the reliable caffe lattes served in my two favourite home town cafes (more on this in a future post) to join in the family festivities on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.

As my dear mother only serves International Roast I am constantly out on the hustings whenever I visit, in search of a decent caffe latte. There are a few espresso machines in a few local cafes but alas my caffe latte experiences have been far from perfect.

It was on one such visit when Mum reached for the International Roast tin that I fled to the new wee Scottish Bake House where, according to sources, they served up a good coffee. It was here that I was presented with my first Spider Web Latte. Yes, difficult to imagine but my latte came with a carefully embroidered, sickly sweet chocolate web covering the surface. Now this may have been some creative project for the Scottish baker but it sure ruined the taste of the coffee. On my next visit, trying not to offend, I asked if they could, "hold the web" on my next latte.

The creation of the spider web on the caffe lattes was obviously very labour intensive and turnover was slow. Alas the wee Scottish Bakehouse is no more!

I have not decided whether to take up the challenge and see what new cafe has emerged for me to try (cafes come and go with the blink of an eye here)or whether to concede defeat and take my own coffee machine. I will report back in my next post. For now happy festivities and lots of great coffee!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this blog. As you will see, my coffee experiences were no better on my recent visit. I'm glad I had that coffee machine with me!

    ReplyDelete