Thursday, December 3, 2009

What's a caffe latte?


Yes, I was, to my astonishment, asked this question recently at the poolside cafe at an up market resort where I was staying in Northern NSW. Over the many years I have been a caffe latte drinker, I have had countless weird and not so wonderful latte experiences. I find myself on a constant quest in search of the perfect latte. I decided years ago to begin recording and illustrating some of the many horrendous caffe lattes I have been served in various cafes. I actually put these together in a self-published gift book entitled Caffe Latte: The Highs and Lows of a Connoissuer's Experiences. You can purchase this book on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com.au/
As my quest continues I will share with you my various latte experiences along the way.

Dear reader, I invite you to share with me any of your own unusual latte experiences. Please leave a comment. I will be posting descriptions and illustrations of my unusual caffe latte experiences regularly so watch this blog!

caffelattedeb

4 comments:

  1. What is according to you a perfect latte?

    Youri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your question, youriv, regarding the perfect latte. I hope my next blog answered this adequately. Would love to hear your definition of a perfect latte...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb for putting the message out there about good coffee and what it means. My choice is a decaf/soy/latte. Some may say that is 'weak' but it shouldn't matter what our choice of ingredients are, it is our right to have a good coffee made for us regardless. I've had some shockers over the years....but I find that as long as they use a thermometer to prevent burning the soy, then it's fine. Good luck! Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments,dianne. I respect your coffee preferences and I hear you say "Please don't scorch the milk!" Nothing worse than that stale, reheated, overheated taste. Would love to hear one of your worst coffee experiences.
    Here's to good coffee...

    ReplyDelete