Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Miljoo Meringue



Well not to be beaten I made my way to the next cafe on my list in Koblenz - the delightful Cafe Miljoo, located in a quaint narrow street in the old part of town with cobbled walkways, church bells and old street lamps. The cafe itself has a great vibe with appealing decor, wooden tables and friendly, cheerful waitresses. It also has a great selection of healthy vegetarian foods - a welcome change from bread and cheese! The helpful waitress assisted me with my coffee selection advising that unless I wanted to risk getting a nescafe, I needed to order, yes dear reader, the "macchiato latte"!!
I decided that maybe given the alternative vibe of this cafe that it might be worth the risk, maybe they will do things differently. Alas my optimism soon turned to high anxiety as I saw the approach of my latte. It was the biggest receptacle I'd seen yet. Two hands needed to lift this one. An insipid glass of lightly coffee tinted milk. The milk had been so fiercely whipped that it had developed little soap sud peaks on top and looked more like beaten meringue than the smooth, creamy, coffee streaked surface I have been yearning for. The macchiato latte had struck again!

1 comment:

  1. what a disaster I bet you'll be glad to get home!

    ReplyDelete